Products purchased from retail outlet or online retailer separate from BCA:
- Customer must return item(s) to the place of purchase for exchange or refund/credit.
- All returns/refunds are at the discretion of the individual outlet or online retailer
Products purchased directly from BCA:
- In order to exchange or receive a refund for products purchased from BCA the product(s) must be returned within 30 days of purchase unused (with original packaging and accessories included)
- Products received as prizes are not exchangeable.
- Please call/email BCA to receive a Return Authorization Number.
- Returns for credit and exchanges may take up to two weeks to process and possibly longer during peak season (November 15th – January 15th).
- It is at the discretion of BCA to decide whether or not items purchased from discount purchase programs can be returned for credit.
- Refunds will credit back the payment card used on the order at the full amount paid for the product. You cannot return an item for credit and pay the difference for another item.
All returns must have Return Authorization Number in order for the item to be received.
BCA Warranty Policy
Please view the BCA Warranty Policy.
Warranty Returns (defective product, product failure)
- Please complete our Warranty Return Authorization Form to obtain a return authorization number (WRMA) or call/email BCA directly.
- Once you receive your return authorization number, be sure to write it on the outside of the package and send to the address supplied with your return number.
- Warranty returns may take up to two weeks to process and possibly longer during peak season (November 15th – January 15th).
All returns must have a Return Authorization Number in order for the item to be received.
- Avalanche transceivers cannot be returned for testing/recalibration. We encourage customers to perform a yearly beacon inspection by following our Tracker inspection/testing guidelines here.
- If your avalanche beacon does not pass the inspection/testing guidelines, please send it in for replacement by following the directions above.
We recommend sending all return/warranty items via UPS, FedEx or any carrier with package tracking capabilities (not the US Postal Service). Backcountry Access is not responsible for lost packages. If you contact Backcountry Access regarding your warranty, please reference your Return Authorization Number (be sure to write down the number for your records). Beacon harnesses do not need to be included with a beacon return for warranty.
Please ONLY ship packages to the address provided with your Return Authorization Number. Failure to send your return with a Return Authorization Number may result in a refused package returned to sender and will greatly delay processing time