The Float 17 Speed™ avalanche airbag is designed for close-in backcountry riding and features the new Float 2.0 system. Creating buoyancy and helping you float to the surface, the 150-liter airbag not only decreases your burial depth but also protects your head and neck from trauma in an avalanche. Nearly 30 percent smaller and 15 percent lighter than our Float 1.0 engine, the Float 2.0 engine fits inside the Float airbag compartment, freeing up more valuable space in the main compartment. Between our sleek new Float 2.0 engine and our svelte new packs, we’ve shaved 20 percent off the weight of our Float 1.0 system.
BCA’s 200 authorized refill/exchange locations around the world make it the easiest refillable airbag system on the market. The Float avalanche airbag system does not guarantee survival in an avalanche incident. Educate yourself, make good decisions, and know before you go. FLOAT 2.0 air cylinder must be purchased separately.
- Integrated Float 2.0 airbag system with left or right shoulder strap trigger mount
- Integration for BC Link™ radios
- Diagonal ski carrying system
- Main compartment, with internal tool pocket for
shovel and probe
- Padded adjustable waist belt pockets
- Compression straps
- Tool and gear loops
- Snowboard Carry Attachment (optional, sold as accessory).
Float 17 Speed™ Avalanche Airbag Resources
- Float Avalanche Airbags – FAQs
- Float Cylinder Installation Instructions (Video)
- Float Cylinder Refill/Exchange Store Locator
- Float Cylinder Commercial Air Travel Information
- Float Avalanche Airbag Manual
- Float Avalanche Airbag Material Safety Sheet
- Float Avalanche Airbag Repacking Instructions (Video)
- Avalanche Airbag 101 Handout
Float Speed™ Series Avalanche Airbag Video