The Float 22 avalanche airbag is designed for out-of-bounds, off-piste, freeride, and mechanized skiing and snowboarding. Creating buoyancy and helping you float to the surface, the 150-liter airbag not only decreases your burial depth but also protects your head and neck from trauma in an avalanche.
The Float 22 is the lightest and most affordable airbag backpack available, it will easily carry your winter rescue tools, lunch, water, and extra layer for a full day in the backcountry.
Highlights: Dedicated shovel/probe pocket, helmet and diagonal ski carry system, padded waist belt pockets, and optional snowboard carry attachment (sold as accessory).
BCA’s 200 authorized refill locations around the world make it the easiest refillable airbag system on the market. The Float Airbag system does not guarantee survival in an avalanche incident. Educate yourself, make good decisions, and know before you go. Float air cylinder must be purchased separately.
Float 22 Resources
- Float Avalanche Airbags – FAQs
- Float Cylinder Installation Instructions (Video)
- Float Cylinder Refill/Exchange Store Locator
- Float Cylinder Commercial Air Travel Information
- Float Avalanche Airbag Manual
- Float Avalanche Airbag Material Safety Sheet
- Float Avalanche Airbag Repacking Instructions (Video)
- Float Snowboard Carry Attachment Instructions
- Avalanche Airbag 101 Handout
Float 22 Video