The Float 42™ avalanche airbag is designed for pros, guides, and those prepared for long days or overnights. Creating buoyancy and helping you float to the surface, the 150-liter airbag not only decreases your burial depth but also protects your head and neck from trauma in an avalanche.
Our biggest avalanche airbag pack in the BCA line, the Float 42 was created to provide ample space not only for your winter backcountry tools, but for a first-aid kit, glacier equipment, and all supplies necessary for extended multi-day trips. Our backpack straps on this pack are hydration compatible and the airbag system is removable, making it the most versatile airbag backpack on the market.
Float 42™ Features
- Integrated Float airbag system with left or right shoulder strap trigger mount
- Height adjustable waistbelt
- Easy in/out cylinder sleeve with zipper
- Dedicated tool pocket for shovel/probe and room for skins
- Integration for BC Link™ radios
- Diagonal ski carrying system
- Dual ice axe carry
- Compression straps
- Hydration sleeve
- Insulated shoulder strap with double zipper sliders
- Hip belt pockets
- Stowable helmet sling
- Fleece-lined goggle pocket
- Snowboard Carry Attachment (optional, sold as accessory).
BCA’s 200 authorized refill locations around the world make it the easiest refillable airbag system on the market. The Float Airbag system does not guarantee survival in an avalanche incident. Educate yourself, make good decisions, and know before you go. FLOAT 1.0 CYLINDER must be purchased separately.
Float 42™ Resources
- Float Avalanche Airbags – FAQs
- Float Cylinder Installation Instructions (Video)
- Float Cylinder Refill/Exchange Store Locator
- Float Cylinder Commercial Air Travel Information
- Float Avalanche Airbag Manual
- Float Avalanche Airbag Material Safety Sheet
- Float Avalanche Airbag Repacking Instructions (Video)
- Float Snowboard Carry Attachment Instructions
- Avalanche Airbag 101 Handout
Float 42™ Video