Slim and lightweight with enough volume to carry avalanche rescue tools. The Float 8 features integration for BC Link radios, hydration sleeve, and multiple anchor points to carry external tools with straps (provided by user). Optional external shovel carry system sold separately.
BCA’s 200 authorized refill locations around the world make it the easiest refillable airbag system on the market. The Float Airbag system does not guarantee survival in an avalanche incident. Educate yourself, make good decisions, and know before you go. Float air cylinder must be purchased separately.
Float 8 Resources
- Float Avalanche Airbags – FAQs
- Float Cylinder Installation Instructions (Video)
- Float Cylinder Refill/Exchange Store Locator
- Float Cylinder Commercial Air Travel Information
- Float Avalanche Airbag Manual
- Float Avalanche Airbag Material Safety Sheet
- Float Avalanche Airbag Repacking Instructions (Video)
- Float Snowboard Carry Attachment Instructions
- Avalanche Airbag 101 Handout
Float 8 Video
Removing and Installing the Float System
This video applies to the Float 8 too!
Click here to download the video.
Click ‘download MP4 720 file format’ – select ‘save file’ in the pop up window to save to your Downloads folder.